Jim Jim is offline

Default Will we make it until January 2009?

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 06:28:03 -0400, HK wrote:

The solution is to get rid of a president who doesn't give a damn about
the economy, unemployment, the end of defined benefits, the price of
oil, et cetera, and make sure he is not replaced by a clone of his named
McBush McCain, and to give the Democrats a working majority in Congress.

With those solutions, some of our nation's many problems will be
addressed, and not ignored.

Ah yes - another day in the Land of Hopey Change and Changey Hope
where the obvious is not an option. Interviews with learned
politicians informing us that "drilling for oil" will not affect
anything, least of all the quantity of oil. Instead we have to wait
for 2020 when an engine designed to run on Unicorn farts will appear.

There is a catch however - we have to repent our foul ways. Only when
the last of the sinners has left suburbia to reside in a home located
a sustainable distance from his or her place of employment will Hopey
Change and Changey Hope be effective. Only then shall the
transformative Magic Unicorn Fart Engine appear.

When the Magic Engine that runs on Unicorn farts appears, all will be
well with the Earth, polar bears, the streets paved with gold and
Hopey Change and Changey Hope will enlighten all of humanity.
Universal peace, harmony and love.

So, indeed, let us turn out the evil overlords who would restrain all
the Unicorns. That would be a good thing though because Hopey Change
and Changey Hope will prevail.

I, for one, welcome the Unicorn and it's magical, environmentally
friendly farts which will create verdant fields of strawberrys,
raspberrys, blueberrys in an elysian fantasy of plenty.

Hope - Change - Nuance.

Love it. You must have been reading Harry's mind.