Dan BEst Dan BEst is offline

Default Trailerable sailboat question

txmxrider wrote:
I appreciate any thoughts the group may have on this subject, pro and con.

Years ago, when we had a trailerable MacGregor 25 (swing keel), we tried
every method imaginable to raise & lower the mast. As someone else
related, we too took a long time at first, but by the end of the first
season, it took the two of us about 20 minutes from the time we arrived
at the ramp to my parking the vehicle/trailer and the boat ready to go
(Kathryn would be finishing up the final details as I parked the car and
walked back to the boat). That's assuming there was no wait at the ramp
(a few places we went there was a considerable wait).

By the way, we finally figured out that the mast was light enough that
after connecting the mast base to the tabernacle, I could just grab the
mast and lift it into place with Kathryn standing by to unsnag any
shrouds that caught on something and to connect the forestay once I got
the thing vertical. Once we figured this out, the act of actually
stepping or unstepping the mast went very quickly.

--
Dan Best - (559) 970-9858, Fresno, CA 93704
B-2/75 1977-1979