BAR[_2_] BAR[_2_] is offline

Default Will we make it until January 2009?

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
Consumer Prices Rise at Fastest Pace in Quarter Century

By Howard Schneider and Renae Merle
Washington Post Staff Writers
Wednesday, July 16, 2008; 11:42 AM

It's news, so it's being written about.

What's not often said is that the economic problems are global in nature
.... many believe due to a natural 75 year cycle.

Although tough to us by comparison of 10 years ago, the USA is actually
in better shape overall in terms of the general economy, unemployment,
growth rate, etc. than most of the rest of the free world. We still
have the lowest fuel prices other than the local prices in oil producing
nations.

It will adjust naturally. And once focus is placed on increasing the
value of the dollar (with some risk to inflation), the USA's economy
will come around smartly.

Eisboch

Gawd, I just love these GOP rationalizations...

You think the current economic problems are unique to the USA? Or that the
USA is responsible for the entire global economy? Our economy certainly
has an effect and influence, but it's also one of the reasons things aren't
worse worldwide.

I just love the narrow viewpoints expressed in the media. You really need to
stand back and think about it before you jump in and assume the sky is
falling. Forget the politicians. They only parrot what they think may
give their party an edge in November. Listen to the business people ...
those that run large corporations. They have a better handle on the true
state of the economy, it's problems, causes and cures.

You mean listen to the evil corporate robber barons? What do they know
about world economics?