HK HK is offline

Default OT Are Facts Obsolete?

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:34:08 -0400, John H. penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

|If he is using Agent, it is not necessary to 'subscribe' to a group to see
|headers, read the posts, or respond to the posts. One simply looks in the
|"All Groups" list, finds 'rec.boats' and downloads the headers.

I don't remember that far back, you are using Version 1.91.... that is
6 years old. I don't remember a time when you didn't have to
subscribe. Certainly, since 2.0 it was necessary to subscribe. Ditto
every other Usenet client I have used in the last few years. He's
using Google Groups,,,, one must subscribe....

A discussion of loogy's "literalism" is ludicrous on its face, Gene.