posted to rec.boats.electronics
[email protected] nickmacro@googlemail.com is offline

Default NewBie Grovel Mixed 12v, 240v

Hi, thank you for entertaining my humble question.

I plan a near permanent 240v from land on my liveaboard, but
it has just had normal 12v engine battery put in.

Ideally, the finished system would be 12v or 24v based, with clever
240v trickle charger (i dont know what its called but it keeps 12v
topped up).

The reason for mixed system, is that the 12/24v 'bus' will take wind/
solar much better than than the 240v. At the moment its non-connected
240v/12v, but all the lights are 12v, stepped down
to 12v maplins styley, so why not bus it mostly 12v/24v dc?

Yours in stupidity,

Nick Macro
serendipity, newhaven, brighton uk

pps. bilge pumps heeeeeellllllpppppppp