[email protected] over40pirate@aol.com is offline

Default Clear Bottom Bucket

On Jul 15, 9:56�am, "Capt.Bill" wrote:
On Jul 13, 5:02�pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Capt.Bill" wrote in message

Yes, been using them for years. Handy for a lot of things. Not the
least of which is when you need a bucket.

But who wants to squint through skid marks?

Wilbur Hubbard

You should used to that by now.

EASY BUCKET

I made my first "glas" bottom bucket with one of those 5 gallon
plastic buckets that everything comes in. I got a scrap piece od
clear vinyl, dodger glass material and put it over the top of the
bucket. There are a couple of ribs around the top, that are perfect
for putting a large, or a bunch of hooked together, hose clamps. Then
just cut the bottom out of the bucket.
A line tied around the top would work in a pinch.

In the Bahamas, I anchored near someone I had met before. After
checking my anchors with the bucket, I rowed over to his boat. He
asked to see my bucket, and said "damn" He then showed me his wood
bucket he just paid big bucks for trhe week before!

The bucket with the "glass on the top has a wider viewing area then
one with plexiglas in the bottom. You need to leave a 1" or so lip in
the bottom to bolt in the glass.