posted to rec.boats.building
John Perry John Perry is offline

Default Water tanks

Have you thought of making a plywood tank and lining it with epoxy and
glass?. I made a water tank for my boat that way more than 30yrs ago, with
polyester resin since epoxy was not used for boatbuilding then. It is still
ok, but that tank is only about 9 gallons capacity. Dont see why it should
not scale up though. I lined the bottom and sides and flange round the top,
then lined under the lid, then screwed the lid down with epoxy still wet.
Plastic inspection hatch in lid. Can be DIY job and made to fit any space.
Particularly appropriate for wooden boat since it can form part of the
structure.

John

Has anyone got any experience of making their own water tanks? OR does
anyone know anyone in the bristol area that does PVC welding?

thanks in advance,

Jim Potter
Bristol