[email protected] LoogyPicker@gmail.com is offline

Default Need engine recommendation (Yamaha)

On Jul 14, 11:00*pm, hk wrote:
Larry wrote:
JohnDeere wrote in news:6fb3f814-d407-4c05-
:

Greetings,

I have been lurking awhile but am new to this site. I'm thinking of
upgrading my 17' Gregor (hull wt 925#) from a 40hp Nissan 2-stroke.
Max mfg. hp rating is 70. The boats sports a 6hp 4-stroke kicker.
Minimizing engine weight is a top consideration. Thinking of using a
70hp Yamaha 2-stroke. Any other suggestions? Any problems/reservations
concerning this particular Yamaha? With a 4-stroke kicker, there seems
no reason not to enjoy the superior torque of a 2-stroke. What sort of
price range might I expect for selling a low-hour, 40-hp 2002 Nissan?
Your thoughts appreciated...
-John

Better just keep the 6hp kicker on it. *Only Bill Gates will be able to
feed a 70hp 2 or 4 stroker within the next year and your 6hp kicker will
scream right by those guys rowing the runabouts with dead twin 275's on
their sterns. *The electric trolling motor boys will all be jealous.....

The river here has ALREADY gotten much quieter this summer. *Even the
rednecks towing tubes of little kids trying to get the alligators to take
them are notably absent!

Actually, I'm pleased with the fuel burn on my Yamaha 150. At any of the
speeds I like to run, I'm not overly enriching the Cheney Administration
or its bloodsucking supporters.

I'm in favor of towing tubes of little kids as alligator bait, by the way..- Hide quoted text -

That's SO refined and cultured. Only a narcississt on your level would
want to use children as alligator bait.