posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bruce in alaska Bruce in alaska is offline

Default 12 volt stabalizer?

In article
eyinternet,
"Chuck Tribolet" wrote:

Humminbird used to sell one called the SureVolt. They ran about $75. When
they quit
selling them, they remaineder the last ones for $15-20. They would produce,
IIRC,
about 1.5 A of 13.8V. Not enought to run a VHF (in transmit mode), but
enough
to keep my GPS and fishfinder from wigging out when I started the motor and
the
battery got pulled down to around 8V. It's still going strong on my whaler.

In the Jameco.com Catalog, on page 123 they sell DC to DC Switching
Power supplies, of various Input and output voltages. Just a quick glance
shows a 8-18 Vdc Input, 12 Vdc Regulated Output at 1.25 amps for $33US
in ones'es. I use these all the time for various projects and they work
very well, and I buy them from OEM Distributers, at a lot less than
from Jameco.

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply