[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default VHF DSC Radio Check

On Jul 14, 3:02*pm, Larry wrote:
Notice, CAREFULLY, what signals are allowed....Marine Radio (voice?) in
the 156-162 Mhz band, any type AIS, any type EPIRB and any type RADAR.

DSC is on marine VHF channel 70 at 156.525MHz. Hmmm... Anyway, in
practice you're almost certainly ok using DSC in US waters. For those
of us who travel internationally the rules are more than a little
funky but I haven't heard of anyone getting in trouble using the same
old licenses we've always carried...

When we left Honolulu the CG there didn't have operational DSC and
were relying on relays when DSC alarms were set off. So, it wouldn't
be shocking if the CG where Claus is doesn't have DSC either.

-- Tom.