Rod McInnis

Default 24 VDC appliances?

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message

I've never figured out why boats in cold climates waste all this
energy going out the exhaust. It's SO easy to make a cast iron heat
exchanger in a dry stack, right next to...or even right IN the exhaust
manifold that will just roast your ears with free heat.

the old Volkswagon Beetles used a heat exchanger off the exhaust manifolds
to heat the car! It was actually pretty nice on cold mornings, as the
heater worked almost instantly after starting the car.

We retrieve some of it with the hot water heater hooked to the water
jacket. Too bad so much heat is simply wasted.

There is a lot of free heat to be had from the engine. The only drawback is
that the engine has to be running! Not what you want when you are swinging
on the hook!

Rod McInnis