misia

Default 24 VDC appliances?

I agree. We actually will have the Spectra watermaker and these are extremely
efficient. I owned one for 5 years on a 31ft boat and with 5 people 2 120W solar
batteries are able to maintain it to provide enough water daily.

If we use spectra, the watermaker will consume approx the same amount of kwh as
the fridge.

We will have the generator as well

"Wayne.B" wrote:

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 22:34:28 GMT, misia
wrote:

I agree electric heater might be the most energy hungry element, especially if
the water has to be retained and temperature maintained in the tank for 10
people onboard.

To cruise with 10 people in the tropics, you're going to need a water
maker and lots of power. You might as well spring for a decent sized
generator with 110/220 volt power and not worry about finding 24 volt
appliances or stove fuel.