[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default Blatic 48 Vs Oyster 48

Hunter wrote:
My Taswell was a center cockpit and I liked that as one did not have
to move around the desk in a disorgainized sea. Another benefit of
the center cockpit is a better aft owners stateroom. One of the
reasons I like the Baltic is they appear to over build, three spreader
mast, oversized blocks, wenches.

Bottom line is I am looking for a strong comfortable cruiser n the
48-52 foot range.

Baltics are widely considered among the best built boats in the world,
the business was startd by some guys who worked for Swan, and thought
the Swans weren't built quite good enough

OTOH they are more the racer-cruiser than pure cruising vessel. It
would be a good idea to check out an Amel. At this budget level, I
assume you're not averse to doing some travel while boat-shopping!

Fresh Breezes- Doug King