steveJ

Default Is Butternat Lumber.........

I have not used it in a boat but have built furniture such as shelving
from it. Butternut is rather soft. It is also only moderately decay
resistant.
Other woods might be better. I like Black locust but it's not readily
available. Black Walnut may also be a good choice. I've used black
cherry inside a boat too with good results.
These dark woods inside a boat seem to look best when used as edge
mouldings and trim against
white or cream colored areas.
I think you could use just about any wood though since it is inside.

Ytter wrote:
Hi Everybody!
Has anyone used butternut wood to finish interior of the boat.Is it suitable
for this type of job?
Best Regards,
Ytter