Armond Perretta Armond Perretta is offline

Default Clear Bottom Bucket

Vic Smith wrote:
http://www.tropicalboating.com/boati...om-bucket.html

Anybody using one, or a facsimile?
Seems reasonable for seeing the anchor set in clear waters.

I picked up the "genuine article" in the Bahamas many years ago. Mine is a
wooden bucket with iron bands that originally came with a clear plastic
bottom. I have since had to replace the bottom with a piece of heavy duty
glass. If you like to snorkel or fish for lobster in the tropics, the
bucket is almost a must. In the Bahamas especially, since the water is
quite clear, you can really see what's going on with the anchor(s), etc. In
the past decade I have been wandering in the Maritimes and the bucket hasn't
seen much use, but it does often remind me of way back when.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat