Jim Jim is offline

Default Porsche Gas Mileage

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"DK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:

Frankly, I am not sure I believe the computer. I just filled it up and
will check it the old fashioned way ..... mileage driven, gallons used.

I think I'm getting a bit more in the X5, too. I'll have to try that.

Have you ever run mid-grade in your German cars? I know the computers
will adjust and the fuel economy can decrease.

I never tried anything but "high test". When we had the BMW's, the price
of gas wasn't an issue, so there was no reason.
One downside of the Porsche is that it calls for 93 octane (minimum). The
only place I can get it is at Sunoco, who still carries 93 "Ultra". I've
often considered taking it over to the little Plymouth airport where I
took flying lessons and see if I could buy half a tank of 100 octane
aviation fuel to mix with the 93 octane. Problem is that I think aviation
gas is still leaded, and it would probably screw something up.

Mrs.E. had a good one the other day. Her Navigator calls for "high test"
(91 octane). She was giving me a ride back from the Cape after I brought
the boat down there and I noticed that her left directional was blinking
twice as fast as the right. I mentioned to her that one of the blinker
lights was probably out.

Her response? "Oh .... is *that* what it is? I thought it was because
I've been using "regular" gas instead of "high test" ever since the price
of gas hit four dollars a gallon.

Some people should stick to horses.

Eisboch

Keep it up and you will be mucking stalls forever.