Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Porsche Gas Mileage

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 02:42:52 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

. ..

My 'Vette is an entirely different story. When I took the blower off
and downsized from twin 950 Holleys to single, put the rear end back
to street legal and changed over from street drag slicks to street
legal tires, the mileage went up marginally - from about 6 mpg to
maybe 10. I went from 645 hp on a dyno to just south of 400 hp.

Think it might help if I took the 3/4 cam and NOX out of it? :)

The '67 GTO needs 91 octane or better and even then it will still "knock"
bit if you get on it.
So, I don't. I thought about retarding the timing a little, but I drive
the
car very infrequently and baby it when I do.
I'll just leave it alone.

The '63 Galaxie with a 390 seems very happy on 91 octane. Again, I only
drive it for a few hours per month, so it's 10 mpg isn't a big issue.

Are the higher octanes 10% ethanol or is it just regular?

10% ethanol. Ethanol is supposed to have a higher octane rating than gas,
so the gas part of the mix has probably been lowered in terms of octane. I
don't know.

Eisboch