JimH[_2_] JimH[_2_] is offline

Default Porsche Gas Mileage

On Jul 12, 9:10*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 19:44:38 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

In these days of high fuel prices and being "green", I love it when people
smugly comment about how my 911 TT *must be "terrible"
in terms of gas mileage.

Today, for kicks, I reset the car computer that calculates MPG as I entered
onto a limited access highway heading back from the Cape.
I drove for approximately 35 minutes, at speeds ranging from 60 -75 mph,
mostly 65-70 mph. *I didn't do anything special in terms of driving
techniques ... just drove normally.

At the end of the 35 minutes, the computer calculated mileage display read
"28.9 mpg".
My "normal" average of combined around town and highway driving is usually
about
20-21 mpg unless I have done some sustained "spirited" driving.

Not bad, all things considered, and the look on people's faces when I tell
them what it gets for mileage is usually one of disbelief.

It really is an amazing car, given 445hp, it's performance and it's fuel
economy.
I should drive it all the time.

Doesn't surprise me in the least. *It' s a properly engineered car
with engineered gearing and weight to horsepower ratios. Add in the
aero packages, the fact that it's properly balanced and you've got
efficient power application up the hoo hoo.

As I already said.