Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Clear Bottom Bucket

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 17:10:46 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
. ..
Ran across this:

http://www.tropicalboating.com/boati...om-bucket.html

Anybody using one, or a facsimile?
Seems reasonable for seeing the anchor set in clear waters.

--Vic

Stupid idea. The real way to "see" your anchor set is to back down on it.
If
it holds then it's set. If it drags then it isn't set. Don't make a
mountain
out of a mole hill!

I've read in more than one cruising journal the cruiser diving to see
that the anchor is set good and not just snagged on a small coral head
or a hardbottom ledge.
Was thinking this "viewer" might do in some cases.
Still don't know if it's worth dragging along on my Mac 26M - when and
if I get it.
Considering the freeboard I'd need a mighty long bucket.

--Vic

Well, if you're fortunate enough to be sailing a Mac26M then you hardly need
to worry about a glass-bottomed bucket to see your anchor. I understand
those Macs with board up draw about a foot. Why, you could anchor, step off
the transom into the water and wade to your anchor and set it by hand if you
were worried about it.

Wilbur Hubbard