Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default No attempt to avoid collision

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
.70...

Can anyone show me the Rule which gives law enforcement or CG "right of
way" when blue light flashing? Just asking

otn

Dave wrote in
:

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:02:37 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

What bothers me is people who keep lists of people they don't like.

It was a literary allusion, Jon. To the Lord High Executioner's song
in The Mikado about his little list of people who'll "none of them be
missed".

I found this in Annex V... nothing about enforcement. I suppose you could
claim that it's a sanctioned public safety activity, but would fall under
88.12.

§ 88.11 Law enforcement vessels

(a) Law enforcement vessels may display a flashing blue light when engaged
in direct law enforcement or public safety activities. This light must be
located so that it does not interfere with the visibility of the vessel’s
navigation lights.

(b) The blue light described in this section may be displayed by law
enforcement vessels of the United States and the States and their political
subdivisions.

§ 88.12 Public Safety Activities

(a) Vessels engaged in government sanctioned public safety activities, and
commercial vessels performing similar functions, may display an alternately
flashing red and yellow light signal. This identification light signal must
be located so that it does not interfere with the visibility of the vessel’s
navigation lights. The identification light signal may be used only as an
identification signal and conveys no special privilege. Vessels using the
identification light signal during public safety activities must abide by
the Inland Navigation Rules, and must not presume that the light or the
exigency gives them precedence or right of way.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com