Steve Steve is offline

Default No attempt to avoid collision

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 16:02:52 +0200, "Edgar"
wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
.. .

,snipped
. The
other boat, not seeing the CG vessel could of course to nothing to
avoid the collision.

This is the bit that bothers me. The CG vesel was big enough and going (I
think) slower than he was.
Anyway, I think he must have seen it and was pretty stupid to keep going
and make no attempt to avoid collision

I believe he didn't see the CG vessel, as he stated. He was looking
the other way the whole time. I've been in situations like that
myself on the water. Fortunately no collisions though. At least no
non-racing collisions.

That's where he could be given part of the blame, by not keeping
proper lookout. But that's much smaller than seeing the whole thing
and doing absolutely nothing to avoid a collision.

Steve