William R. Watt

Default Plywood vs. Strip-Plank

you should be able to do your own stress testing on sample pieces if you
want. I've read that in one direction plywood is only 60% as strong as
wood (hardwood?, softwood? same wood?, I don't remember), in the other
direction its stronger.

to test place a length of material between two blocks and pile weights
on the middle until it cracks or breaks. do it three times to make sure
its consistent and average the weights. moisture content will have some
effect.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm