posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
[email protected] LoogyPicker@gmail.com is offline

Default plugs look too "wet"

On Jul 8, 7:37*pm, "Chuck" wrote:
I have a Merc 60 Bigfoot, 3-cyl outboard fitted with NGK BP8H-N-10 plugs. *I
think my plugs look too "wet" much like the third one shown in the photo on
the NGK website.http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinf...aqread2.asp?na...

Although the motor runs pretty smoothly. *I running with a 130 degree
thermostat. What should I look at adjusting?

Chuck

Looks to me that it may just be loading up, like idling too long
before you shut down. Take the thing out, get it up to temp and make a
run with it, then shut it down and look at the plugs. If they are
still wet after making an at speed run, you may have a too rich fuel/
oil ratio, or a carb problem.