posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Larry Larry is offline

Default plugs look too "wet"

"Chuck" wrote in news:5TSck.244293$yE1.55866@attbi_s21:

What should I look at adjusting?

NOTHING! That's LUBE OIL coming up from the 2-stroke crankcase to keep the
bearings lubed up! Why screw around with something that's running great
with good lubrication?!

Why does everyone have to tear apart perfectly good working things and
screw it all up?!

If it's a 4-stroke, you have bad rings or valve seats.....my condolences.

A proper 2-stroke should be all gooey right to the end of the exhaust
outlet. If it's not, dismantle the damned autoinjection used to wear out
new motors fast so they can sell you more and premix the gas to 25:1 with
OIL COMPANY BRAND NAME TC-W3, not the cheap crap from engine manufacturers
the dealer sells! Engine manufacturers don't have oil refineries. Who
knows who made it....lowest bidder??

When I sold a 150hp 6-cyl Merc Sport Jet with 3 deuces carbs on it, having
run its whole life on 25:1, you could still see the hone marks on the
cylinder walls and every bearing in the crankcase was as tight as new....
(c;...hundreds of hours later after running wide open all that time.

100:1 is SUICIDE!

BTW - AMSOIL IS NOT AN OIL COMPANY!