John H.[_4_] John H.[_4_] is offline

Default Interesting bit from local fishing club

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 13:27:11 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 13:14:47 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 12:28:42 -0400,
wrote:

Later I said "Let's learn from this, what would you do differently." He
would have shut engine off, put it in gear (truck had a clutch) and then
set the emergency brake. Think about it...what do you do with your rig?
The tow truck driver said this type accident is more common than we think.

Gordon

On a ramp? That's a no-brainer. Wheel Chock! (plus emergency brake,
engine off, trans in gear and maybe even crank the steering hard to
one side).

I've never carried wheel chocks to a ramp, but it may not be a bad idea. I
think I'll throw a couple in the truck just so they'll be there.

I have one of those lightweight polyethylene ones with a rope attached
to it. A quick snap of the rope retrieves it easily, even if wedged
tight.

I just bought four for a camper trailer. I'll just leave two in the truck
all the time. Rope is a good idea.