John H.[_4_] John H.[_4_] is offline

Default Interesting bit from local fishing club

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 08:43:33 -0700, Gordon wrote:

Later I said "Let's learn from this, what would you do differently." He
would have shut engine off, put it in gear (truck had a clutch) and then
set the emergency brake. Think about it...what do you do with your rig?
The tow truck driver said this type accident is more common than we think.

Gordon

Very informative, thanks.

I never leave my seat without setting the emergency brake and putting the
vehicle in gear (manual) or park (automatic).

Should be automatic.