Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Scary boat ride...

wrote in message
On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 19:42:59 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

What kind of fuel consumption do you have at 70?

Not good. :)

Probably somewhere around 20 gallons pe hour.

Ouch, That is like throwing a quarter over the side every second.
It is about what I expected to hear tho.
I know my stucco contractor was crying that he just put $4000 in his
47 footer and he was probably going to need to fill up again before
they got back from the Keys. I had just given him $1600 cash and joked
that he could fill up his boat now.

To some of us, 20 gph is pretty damn good. I can't complain too much
though. The new old boat burns just about 24 gph at an easy cruise. I just
don't push it much beyond that required to get on plane and trim it out.
That's not bad for gas engines on a 40 foot boat.

I feel badly for a few friends running high powered sportsfish type boats
burning 40, 50 or more gph. One guy I know with a new, 50' Buddy Davis burns
upwards of 80 gph or more running out to the Canyons. Haven't seen him go
out much this year.

Eisboch