Jonathan Spencer Jonathan Spencer is offline

Default signal to noise ratio

In message , John H.
writes

How's life in the UK these days? Where do you boat?

How's life in the UK? Where shall I start, 42 days detention without
charge, prohibition on handguns for something I didn't do, 90 year old
man thrown out of Labour Party conference for shouting "rubbish" in
response to Blair, er, speaking rubbish, paying $9.80/gallon for diesel,
.... no perhaps I'd better not start. :-)

Life's fine, thank you. ;-)

I have two boats. One is an Old Town 15' canoe which I use for fishing
on the local bywaters. I've also got a 16' Shetland Alaska
http://seahog.co.uk/Alaska500.htm with a 50HP Yamaha 2-stroke engine.
This is what we call a day fisher, which I use for fishing in the North
Sea and on the local river, the Tees, which is now barraged. But I
haven't used it for quite some time and there's something wrong with the
engine: after laying up for a year it doesn't seem to be getting hot and
it was cutting out and wouldn't rev up to full throttle. I need to take
a look and work out what's wrong, maybe a sticky thermostat.

--
Jonathan

A good reputation is more valuable than money.
Publilius Syrus (~100 BC), Maxims