peterMelbourneAustralia

Default I'm building my first Trimaran...

Hello Zyana

Am not aware of your history, only aware of what is written in this
thread.

But I am very interested in your 1 person trimaran.

I am trying to design one with the HullForm software. I came up with a
length of 5.6m and max beam of .85m and a transom width of 0.5m. Sorry
units are in metric. Was thinking of ply but now am thinking strip
planking as easier (dont know about the cost of all that fiberglass
and epoxy though, guess will live with it).

Also there is a person called Stephen Ostlind who has built an 18 ft
tri out of ply in California, very impressive, think his beam is a
little greater than what I have, but he went to a naval architect.
Perhaps his design will just carry 2 people, hence greater beam. Also
a Gary Lepak (name from memory) built an 18ft trimaram, years ago that
he sailed to Alaska, very simple design but seaworthy.

One reason I am building so narrow is to minismise weight to aid in
getting up the beach. I would be willing to email Stephen Ostilnds
photos and a quick study plan of the desin he is building.

Dont know how you feel about it, but am sure that many of us would
like to know a lot more about your tri.

Very best of luck.

N. Peter Evans