Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] is offline

Default NMEA Convert RMC to ZDA?

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 18:47:27 -0700, Josh Assing
wrote:

My GPS puts out RMC -- but I have a device that needs ZDA to get the time/date
-- RMC contains time/date -- is there any way (ie: any device) that can convert
between the two?

There shouldn't be any problem as long as it's wired correctly. RMC
is the recommended minimum data stream for NEMA data and ZDA is just
time and date. The expectation is that the units will ignore most of
the RMC data stream and only pick off what it is capable of handling -
which in this case would be time and date only (ZDA).

I think that's how it works. Unless you have some sort of proprietary
equipment that uses a hinky system.

Here's a link that may help you out.

http://www.gpsinformation.org/dale/nmea.htm#intro