Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] is offline

Default Scary boat ride...

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 17:59:30 -0400, HK wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Launched around 12 noon and was surprised that there weren't many
boats at the ramp - maybe ten/twelve trailers and the ramp was
completely open.

Cruising out of the launch area, the water was flat dead calm and not
another boater in sight. Once I made Middle Pond on Webster Lake, I
looked around - nothing - nobody. Then I heard the music and figured
out that there was a concert going on at Indian Ranch - that must have
been where the boats were anchored in Reid Smith Cove.

So I decided to open up the engine and let it rip.

Chickened out at 70 mph when the boat started to chine walk.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a speed fiend - I like speed, but
not in an open boat at that speed.

Man that boat is fast.

Other than that, it was a pretty good afternoon - weather front moving
in and the fish were active for a couple of hours - mostly largemouth
in the 2 lb range, but I managed to hit a very nice smallmouth in the
3 lb range - unusual for this time of year in shallow water - usually
you have to hunt them in the deeper parts of the lake.

Well, the boat goes back tomorrow morning - my Ranger won't be ready
until the middle of the week and that's fine - I've got some home
projects to do while Mrs. Wave is away - like paint the bedroom. Nice
surprise for her as she's been after me to do it for the past couple
of years.

I thought you were going to accompany the working member of your
immediate household to the cultural center of the universe down here?

Things changed - personal issue.

Probably late July now.