Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] is offline

Default Fuel Update

On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 23:21:23 GMT, "Rudy"
wrote:

"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote

Where the heck are you?

What is the prescribed fuel for a 2005 Merc Tracker 60 HP Two stroke ? It
adds its own oil to the mix but will Regular unleaded (87 octane) work ?
I saw a local gas station advertising "Boat Gas" but don't know what they
are selling.

Where the heck are you?

Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada

Ah - makes sense now.

To answer your first question, yes - regular unleaded will work fine
on a two stroke. I believe, not absoutely sure about this as I'm not a
Mercury guy, that it's an EFI engine which is right before they
switched the lower horsepowers over to four stroke.

I can't answer your question about "boat gas" other than to guess that
the marine trades in your area may have reduced the taxes for marine
use. It should be exactly the same as auto gas.