HK HK is offline

Default Prepaid cell phones

wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 10:26:32 -0400, HK wrote:

I use mine a lot when out fishing...it's a much better way than VHF
radio to reach the "captains" of other boats to hear them lie about the
fish they are catching where they are. Out on the Bay these days, cell
coverage is damned good if you are out a bit from the cliffs and woods
on the western shore.

With a 3 watt analog phone and a good marine antenna cell coverage is
better in Florida Bay than VHF. When my buddy was making that limp
home from Marathon to Pine Island (the bent prop shaft thread) he
never lost cell signal but his VHF was useless

Probably because there is such demand for cell service, there are towers
almost everywhere you'd want in and around "leisure" venues. There's
virtually no service at the marina I use...it is down at the base of a
large hill along the bay, and according to the proprietor, no cell he
has tried gets much service.