HK HK is offline

Default Prepaid cell phones

wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 09:48:15 -0400, HK wrote:

You used only 200 minutes over an entire year?

I don't use 100. I have a Jitterbug phone. It is just a phone. I like
it because I can see the buttons without my glasses ;-)
It also uses an 866 number so it is a toll free call for people who
call you. I get a little frustrated with my snowbird neighbors who
have a phone with an Ohio area code and they live a block away 10
months a year.
All that said, I don't talk on the phone enough for it to really
bother me that much.
I got the jitterbug for an emergency phone on my boat but my analog
bag phone never really died as they promised me. The last time I
played with it, I still had service but it was through a company that
wants $3 a minute or something. If by boat is broke, that is still a
bargain. Spending $20 to call a neighbor to come get me is a lot
cheaper than Sea Tow, who wouldn't bring me home anyway.

I keep my on OFF most of the time. It's really just there as a
convenience for me. When I turn it on each day, I might have a couple of
messages that require a return call, but those are made at my
convenience. Some folks like to be "in contact" 24-7, but I am not one
of them.