[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default Prepaid cell phones

On Jul 5, 10:32*am, wrote:
On Jul 5, 9:48*am, HK wrote:

Vic Smith wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 07:24:02 -0400, John H.
wrote:

I'm thinking of getting out of the contract cell phone plan and getting a
prepaid plan. T-Mobile, for example, sells 1000 minutes for $100 and
they're good for a year.

Does anyone here have a prepaid mobile phone? If so, with whom and how do
you like it?

I've had the that T-Mobile deal for about 3 years.
If you do the $100 right off, after a year you can buy any amount to
renew for another year. *Gold member or something like that.
Last year I think I bought a $40 refill because we still had about 800
minutes left.
I still don't know any service that's cheaper for "light" use.
But.......any phone is worthless if there's no coverage.
From Chicago to Florida - which is where we use it, it's been perfect..
So check coverage first.
I've heard coverage maps aren't always indicative of "good" coverage,
so it would be best to actually find somebody who uses it your area
and get the straight skinny.
We bought here in Chicago with local use in mind, but it's worked out
for out trips too. *Dumb luck.

--Vic

You used only 200 minutes over an entire year?

Crikey.

We go through about 700 minutes a month...of course there are four of us
on the family plan, one is a teenager still in high school and another
is a college student. They talk a lot, but they IM even more. Thank
goodness IM's are free. Even better, *I* don't IM. At all. Hate it.- Hide quoted text -

You shouldn't allow a teenager to use a cell phone. It's very
dangerous and borders on child abuse. If they are yacking on a cell
phone, then they aren't paying attention and could get hit by a car or
worse.- Hide quoted text -

These kids and cell phones.. My kid could text with her hand in her
pocket I hate it when they are talking to you, and texting a friend
at the same time. But then again, I don't go bull****, it's progress.
My other daughter googles everything we talk about, real time. The day
the Mouse crashed and I was in the front yard gearing up, she phoned
me... "dad I crashed"... amazing...

I talk to my 91yo dad about that stuff all the time. He is not a
typical old man though, he loves and embraced technology.. He really
wants to take a couple of laps on a dirtbike. If he thought he could
do it without dieing, he would. He watches the big boys and girls
doing doubles and says "I could have done that".. Anyone who knows him
would agree. He was the strongest and most agile "pound for pound"
person I have ever known. .He was a monster, unloading freight cars
for Finast until he was in his mid 70's 100 pound bags of flower all
day long.. He could have been a great rider and he knows it. But he
still comes to the track any day it's not going to top 90 degrees...
Loves the dust, the kids, the machines.. One impressive old man...