Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Prepaid cell phones

On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 09:48:15 -0400, HK wrote:

You used only 200 minutes over an entire year?

Crikey.

We go through about 700 minutes a month...of course there are four of us
on the family plan, one is a teenager still in high school and another
is a college student. They talk a lot, but they IM even more. Thank
goodness IM's are free. Even better, *I* don't IM. At all. Hate it.

How it worked was first year got about 1200 minutes off the bat for
about $160 which included a Motorola flip phone still in use.
There was a 200 min bonus deal.
Second year I did $100 which gave us a total of 1600 mins because we
still had 600 left. You don't lose old minutes if you re-up.
Last year still has 800 left.
So we use about 600 a year - most talking to the kids when we're on
vacation.
They all have different stuff, including U.S Cellular and T-Mobile
family plan - my daughter and her best friend.
Some of my kids have the T-Mobile family with my ex.
The thing about the T-Mobile is there are no roaming charges.
One son - the proverbial yakker - has a US Cellular that runs $60-80
month and just showed up this morning back from Tennessee unannounced
because the roaming charges are so high.
Forget to give him *MY* T-Mobile prepaid that the wife gave me for my
birthday and I have never used and usually forget to carry.
Waste of money.
No, I don't like cell phones. Can't see the buttons.
But they are nice to have for the road so we have them.

--Vic