HK HK is offline

Default Prepaid cell phones

Vic Smith wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 07:24:02 -0400, John H.
wrote:

I'm thinking of getting out of the contract cell phone plan and getting a
prepaid plan. T-Mobile, for example, sells 1000 minutes for $100 and
they're good for a year.

Does anyone here have a prepaid mobile phone? If so, with whom and how do
you like it?

I've had the that T-Mobile deal for about 3 years.
If you do the $100 right off, after a year you can buy any amount to
renew for another year. Gold member or something like that.
Last year I think I bought a $40 refill because we still had about 800
minutes left.
I still don't know any service that's cheaper for "light" use.
But.......any phone is worthless if there's no coverage.
From Chicago to Florida - which is where we use it, it's been perfect.
So check coverage first.
I've heard coverage maps aren't always indicative of "good" coverage,
so it would be best to actually find somebody who uses it your area
and get the straight skinny.
We bought here in Chicago with local use in mind, but it's worked out
for out trips too. Dumb luck.

--Vic

You used only 200 minutes over an entire year?

Crikey.

We go through about 700 minutes a month...of course there are four of us
on the family plan, one is a teenager still in high school and another
is a college student. They talk a lot, but they IM even more. Thank
goodness IM's are free. Even better, *I* don't IM. At all. Hate it.