HK HK is offline

Default Boating today...

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..

We're not talking about the same thing here, I don't believe.

I'm talking about the engine or rudder being entirely amidships, in no
apparent wind or current, and the knob on the wheel being wherever the
hell it feels like being. You and Herring talking about the engine or
rudder being used to maintain a course during the impact of wind, current
or wave action.

There's a difference, a big one.

But, aren't *you* the one who chastised JohnH that "it's not the wind"?

Eisboch

Once again, we are discussing entirely different subjects.

Of course your wheel and the knob attached to it will not be in the same
position if you are correcting for course and current as it would be if
you were heading straight ahead without any wind or current. D'oh.
Apparently Herring thought it would be otherwise.

"Gosharoonie, I had to turn the helm a bit to keep going "straight"
because of the crosswind." *That* seemed to be his complaint.

Well, of course.

That wasn't the issue I brought up on Chuck's or on the bigtime boating
tech discussion subboard to which I referred.