John H.[_4_] John H.[_4_] is offline

Default Boston pops 4th celebration

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 06:58:15 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 22:24:37 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

On now on CBS
If you've never seen it, It's worth the look

I watched DC, New York, and Boston. (My wife loves fireworks, and she's
the
boss!)

DC's show sucked. I don't know where they come up with the 'stars' and the
program. I think they must be National Park Service volunteers who think
they can perform. The National Symphony was good, and of course the Marine
and Army Bands are always good. The fireworks were so-so. They did show
several shots over the Potomac, with all the boats there to watch the
display. The number of boats there was only about a third of what I've
seen
when I've gone up there.

New York always has the best fireworks. The Boston Pops puts on the best
music. Now, if we could get the Boston Pops, the Marine and Army Bands,
and
the New York fireworks all in one place, that would be a hell of a show!

Really? I thought the Boston fireworks was awesome. But I didn't see New
York so I really couldn't comparatively judge them. Synchronization with
good music only enhances the visual effect.

I'd rate Boston's much higher than DC's, but New York would get my vote for
displays.