Zyana ~ Beu Ribe

Default I'm building my first Trimaran...

Hi Steve. I sent you this email as your reply.

Let's see... Without checking actual post records, I'm
guessing that you're one of the people who was 'smart' (to
put it politely) about me showing up on rec.boats.building,
stating I wanted to learn. I think you're also the one who
made a little fun of my neolithic interests too.

I also didn't appreciate being called a troll by another
person.

For that reason, just watch my posts as I work on my boat,
don't tease me, and I'll keep things periodically updated to
and including the official launch. You'll probably even see
a picture of my boat on the rec.boats.building website when
I post that I've launched it and how it performs. (Since
this is my first prototype, I've probably made some errors
in design, and will have to go back to the drawing board for
different things.)

How long is your boat?

One reason I'll bet you ask that (in addition to trying to
get 'laugh at her' info out of me,) is because I mentioned
'Ocean Going'. The reason I mentioned that is because I
made the hulls to wide for my taste. They're the kind of
ratio-width you'd see on a big ocean-goer, though I'd go
with a catamaran design for that, not a trimaran.

But it's definitely not up to the length you should have for
that. Although it theoretically *could* cross an ocean,
since I'm making it watertight with rubber hatch-covers and
all, I wouldn't recommend it, just for the size of swells
you can get in very broad, open water like ocean crossing.
It is small enough to flip if it had to take a swell too
big. God forbid, I would never sail it into a 40-foot wave.

That'll have to hold you for now, Steve,

Sandra