Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Yamaha Fuel Management Gauges

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 16:47:55 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Rewind to the beginning.
Plan your trip.
Use the rule of 3 for gas. 1/3 out 1/3 back 1/3 reserve. When you've used
1/3 of your fuel it's time do decide do I go forward or do I go back.
Use a chart or graph similar to what Gene has to get your performance data.
You probably already know your most comfortable and efficient cruise speed.
You can now estimate your trip time. and fuel usage. If you know that you
can refuel at your destination you can safely use 2/3 of your fuel and still
have your 1/3 tank in reserve.
Don't forget to bring human fuel too.
Plan for every situation you can think of. That way when something
unexpected happens you might already have a plan.
What not to plan for?
Don't plan on Wayne being there to save your bacon when you didn't do your
planning.

Sounds good (-:

--Vic