posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default Top heavy?

On Jul 4, 10:46*am, Matt Colie wrote:
Roger,

I like both your practical answer and your pictures.

You're cruising my old stomping (sailing) ground. *I do miss the coast.

Tom had recovered well and was looking good last time I spoke to him.
I'll send him the URL to your pictures.

I was kind of hoping that this guy would get the plan that there is a
whole lot to know before his question could be answered effectively.

A tanker I was 2AE on had a negative GM and a slight port on the way
out. *Every wave made it snap to Stbd, stall a couple of seconds and
snap back. *It was all a guy could do to stay on his feet. *We did lose
the fire in one boiler, but the FM lit it off the bricks. *My chief
called the bridge and told them if they tried to make for sea this way,
he would shut them down. *- They believed him, but he still had to
listen to a bunch of griping because we lost two hours while they
finished correcting the ballast.

Matt

Well, at the risk of being simple. I still suggest it's the wrong boat
for the job. He just needs to start with the right boat. He can
justify, defend, and make any excuses he wants.. Still water,
whatever.. But once you leave the dock, things can change quickly to
something you have never seen before.
Anyway. Have a great fourth, go out in your boats for me Scotty