Lloyd Sumpter

Default DIY Exhaust

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 21:44:21 +0000, Rufus wrote:

The engine exhaust temperature can get very hot - much hotter than the heater; a
diesel mech or possibly (this subject doesn't usually concern most buyers) the
manufacturer could tell you _how_ hot. If the cheap flex stuff sprouts a hole,
very bad things can happen - CO poisoning and/or fire.

The flex tubing I'm looking at is usually fitted on diesel trucks, and
although mine is "dry" at this point, it goes through the water-jacketed
manifold first, so I suspect it's cooler than a truck's exhaust.

I AM concerned that since it's "indoors" it will require more
"leak-proof-ness" than for the external exhaust on a truck.

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36