Lloyd Sumpter

Default DIY Exhaust

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 21:17:06 +0000, Kevin wrote:

Take it to an exhaust shop. have them bend and fit the piece out of regular
exhaust steel tube, then send it to HPC coatings and have them thermal coat it
(header coating). It will last for ever, look nice, be heat resistant and should
not cost too much.

Kevin

That's basically what I did last time, and it cost me about $1000 (SS pipe, of
course!) The exhaust is still fine 10 yrs later, but the new engine has a
different attachment (hose-clamp vs screw threads) and may need larger diameter.

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36