JimH[_2_] JimH[_2_] is offline

Default capaticy plate

On Jul 3, 3:02*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in messagenews:8c6q64hl4sn26h4p6s94nhi6ne80veoleb@4ax .com...

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 13:39:44 -0400, "Ernest Scribbler"
wrote:

"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote
Has to be permanetly fixed at or near the operator's position. *Has to
- it's got to be there.

As I understand the law, the manufacturer has to put a capacity label
there,
but there's no law against an owner removing it. Kind of like those tags
on
mattresses. That's only at the fed level; there may be other state laws
that
apply. A Maxum dealer should be able to get the OP a new one if his is
missing.

No. *The CFR says all boats have to have the capacity plate. *If you
have seperate insurance for your boat, the company may hold you liable
for any claims if one isn't present and you overload the boat.

There is a way to rebadge the boat by changing propulsion or
decreasing the number of people allowed on board, but it has to be
there.

CFR 183.23 and 183.25

http://tinyurl.com/5szakh

All boats do not have to have a capacity plate stating the number of
passengers and weight. *I think it is only up to 20' of boat. * After that
it requires a statement placard / plate that says that the boat manufacture
conforms to all *Coast Guard applicable laws.

Agreed. My smaller boats had/has one.........the larger boats did not.