Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] is offline

Default capaticy plate

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 12:02:26 -0700, "Calif Bill"

.. .
On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 13:39:44 -0400, "Ernest Scribbler"
wrote:

"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote
Has to be permanetly fixed at or near the operator's position. Has to
- it's got to be there.

As I understand the law, the manufacturer has to put a capacity label
there,
but there's no law against an owner removing it. Kind of like those tags
on
mattresses. That's only at the fed level; there may be other state laws
that
apply. A Maxum dealer should be able to get the OP a new one if his is
missing.

No. The CFR says all boats have to have the capacity plate. If you
have seperate insurance for your boat, the company may hold you liable
for any claims if one isn't present and you overload the boat.

There is a way to rebadge the boat by changing propulsion or
decreasing the number of people allowed on board, but it has to be
there.

CFR 183.23 and 183.25

http://tinyurl.com/5szakh

All boats do not have to have a capacity plate stating the number of
passengers and weight. I think it is only up to 20' of boat. After that
it requires a statement placard / plate that says that the boat manufacture
conforms to all Coast Guard applicable laws.

Yes Bill - and what are the applicable laws?

What - you been taking Harry lessons? :)