Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default check valve

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
easolutions...
In article ,
Roger Long wrote:
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote

To put one on a bilge pump is folly - pure folly. In order to keep a
bilge
pump from siphoning all one needs do is have the bilge pump discharge
above the LWL of the vessel.

I assume though, that he is looking for a solution that doesn't involve
hauling the boat to relocate a through hull fitting.

You assume correctly. (Neal is just as ass.) See my other post if you
haven't already.

Poor Ganz is soooo confused. Not only that, but he is a liar. For, he wrote
the following in this very same thread: "The discharge is well above the
waterline - at least 18" or so, which would mean the loop (as you point out)
would have to go higher."

I ask you how can 18" above the LWL under the water line? Besides, only an
idiot would locate the discharge from a bilge pump below the waterline. Not
even Ganz is that stupid.

Please inform Ganz that he can't have it both ways. Duh. And they gave this
guy a Captain's license? Crying shame.

Wilbur Hubbard