Steve Lusardi

Default How many drains

Adam,
I used 4-1.5" drains, 1 in each corner, cross connected below to a 3" ball
valve below the water line. Suggestion, use a drain strainer like in the
kitchen sink along with the rubber stoppers. This way the cockpit can be
used as a bath tub or utility sink. When doing the cross connects and turns
are required, use TEE fittings with a pipe plug in the unused direction for
cleaning in the future. I used TIG welded aluminum tubing with hand made
TEEs. These pipes are installed with an angle of declination. The connection
between the cockpit sole and the plumbing is done with 3" hose sections for
flexibility. The large Thru hull not only drains the cockpit, but the
showers and sinks as well. This limits the number of thru hull openings.
Steve

"Adam" wrote in message
I'll install drain/s in my cockpit (my project it is 36' Spray with
wheelhouse).
According to ABYC standards 2" drain is required.
My question is what is better:
- one 2 inches drain or two 1 inch or two 2 inches or .....any other
combinations?
- straight down bellow LWL or with an angle above LWL?
Thanks
Adam