[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default Launch Ramp Follies...

On Jul 2, 6:58*am, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 19:44:10 -0700, "Mike" wrote:
Funny thing is that it's the rookie boaters that are most likely to turn
down an offer of help, and they need it the most. The more seasoned guys
(and gals) appreciate it.

When I had my boats at the Marina, we used to walk over to other piers
to help folks with their boats while docking.

I think you've hit the nail on the head - rookies - amateurs.

~~ sigh ~~ *:)

I think it's an ego thing... Seems to be a theme with boaters. The
bikers are different, especially on the track. We tend to take each
other, and our sport, a little more seriously. Of course, there is not
as much "leisure" time on a bike as on a boat. Anyone willing to help,
or that needs help, it's done, usually without a word ever being
said.. Just a nod and a rip of the throttle when everyone is back on
their seat. I think it has to do with the fact that we all have
respect for anyone who is out there doing it. Folks who would look
down their noses at me and mine on a boat, or the highway, are our
best friends there.. .everyone is brown (muddy as it were once you
strap on the gear, there are no snobs once you are racing them. I
really like the way much better riders will hang back some to give the
mouse a race...

I am getting better by the day, hell, I almost got my first case
monkey butt

Scotty (Doc)
SmallBoats.com
RowdyMouseRacing.com
Trip-Reports.com where did you go today?