posted to rec.boats.building
Bruce in Bangkok[_7_] Bruce in Bangkok[_7_] is offline

Default crack in keel of an '86 Forester fiberglass boat

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 07:59:18 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Thanks Bill for the reply. I think I understand everything you've
mentioned.

Instead of laying new glass into the crack in stages (since I'll be
doing this upside down), would it be easier for me to use Marine-Tex
epoxy putty? I'd like to know if that would work just as well as
laying new fiberglass?

Thanks so much again.

Clark

The glass cloth is much stronger then simply applying putty as the
glass fibers oriented across the damage act to "tie" the undamaged
sections together..

Bruce-in-Bangkok